I recently had a watermelon popsicle that was just about the most amazing thing ever. It tasted just like summer on a stick, but I realized I could make my own in about three minutes at a fraction of the cost. They turned out so perfectly that I have to share!
Watermelon Agave Popsicles
- 4 cups chunked watermelon (this was half a petite, volleyball-sized melon, for me)
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup water
- Popsicle molds
- Chunk up watermelon and place in a food processor or blender. If it’s seedless, don’t worry about the seeds. If there are black seeds, you’ll want to remove them.
- In a small saucepan, combine the agave and water and bring just to a low boil. Remove from heat immediately upon boiling.
- Meanwhile, pulverize your watermelon. It will turn into juice.
- Mix watermelon and agave water together. You can strain the mixture if you want, but I don’t.
- Pour into molds and freeze according to manufacturer directions. Mine took about 3 hours to set up.
Makes about 8 large popsicles.