I’m all about good food fast, at lunch time. I’ll often just grab leftovers from dinner earlier in the week, but sometimes I want something new and different. I love wraps because
- I like carbs, but bread is usually higher carb than I want
- There’s something appealing about having all my food rolled up in a nice, edible package
- They stay warm and I like warm food for lunch. But this is also amazing for a quick breakfast.
Meatball, Egg & Spinach Wrap
- 1/8 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3-4 chicken or turkey meatballs. Costco and Kroger have great options.
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2 T queso fresco or other cheese
- 1 multi-grain or low-carb tortilla or wrap. I like Ole Mexican Foods Xtreme Wellness tortillas; they’re a whopping 50 calories each, and 11 g fiber. Also they actually taste good and have a really nice texture. They’re kind of amazing.
- Heat the olive oil in a sautee pan on med-high heat. Sautee the onions until translucent.
- Add the meatballs and start to brown.
- Add the spinach, stirring occasionally until wilted.
- Place onions, meatballs, and spinach on tortilla and add eggs to the pan, reducing heat to medium. Scramble or fry until cooked through.
- Top with queso/cheese and enjoy!