Are you stress eater or a stress non-eater?
When I’m under stress, I don’t eat (like, at all), and then I have to remind myself to shove something down. I won’t cook when I’m that stressed, so it comes down to fast food, or convenience foods. It is SO AWESOME that there are healthy options out there like Perfect Bar. Full of healthy ingredients, lots of good nutrients, and tons of protein. Such a great option when you’re on the go, even when life isn’t stressful!
I’ve been trying to pay attention to what else I’ll eat when I’m stressed, because clearly those are the snack foods I like the most and require the least effort. Here’s a list of the things I actually enjoy eating, are easy on the go, and are absolutely zero work:
- Quest Bars (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my fave.) If you’re local, go hit up Newko Nutrition. They are the nicest, and their prices are the best!
- Siggi’s Skyr yogurt (Fig & Lemon Zest is a new favorite). Super low sugar with no artificial sweeteers, all natural ingredients.
- Salted in-shell pistachios
- Babybel cheese
- Van’s Say Cheese crackers
- Whole clementine oranges
- Whole pears/apples/bananas.
- Krave Jerky (the Basil Citrus flavor is so awesome)
- Green & Black’s 70% Dark Chocolate, so I can pretend my need for junk is healthy.
- Mass quantities of Sonic Diet Cherry Coke. (Not recommended, but it is what it is. :p)
How about you? What are your go-to no-effort foods?