True story: this is the easiest recipe I have ever made in my life. I didn’t expect much from it, but it was delicious! I’m just super irritated I forgot to take a picture!
Crock-pot Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs
- One spaghetti squash, washed on the outside
- Salt & pepper for sprinkling
- One jar spaghetti sauce. I like this Classico flavor, but use what you like.
- 3 cups prepared turkey meatballs; about 4 dozen. I got mine in the meat section at Fred Meyer and they were awesome! Frozen works, too.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half around the middle. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and membranes. Salt and pepper the insides of each half. Place cut sides down in a large crock pot.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce around the sides of the squash and then dump your meatballs in there, too.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours. Test for doneness by stabbing the squash with a fork. If it goes through the skin easily, it’s done.
- Remove the squash from the crock pot and use a fork to scrape out all the squash. It should slide out pretty easily.
- Serve squash with the saucy meatballs from the crock pot. Enjoy!
This recipe was really tasty, and I was thrilled we had leftovers for my lunch the next day. Yay meatballs! Especially meatballs I didn’t have to make by hand!