Our dinner last night was simple and so tasty! (It didn’t hurt that it clocked in under 300 calories, either.)
This flavorful chicken takes just give minutes to prepare, and if you buy chicken tenderloins, it’s even faster. I just dumped all my food on a pan, mixed up an quick little glaze, and baked. So easy!
- 6 Tbsp Italian salad dressing (I used Olive Garden Lite)
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (this is not remotely spicy)
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast or tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed of tops
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots or 1 bag precut julienne carrots
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved (I forgot to slice mine! It’s better if you do. )
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- If using chicken breasts, slice in half horizontally. Place chicken in one layer on baking sheet. Add vegetables in rows next to chicken.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over everything.
- Pour glaze over the top of everything. You may prefer not to use all the glaze; I went with a heavy coat on the chicken & tomatoes and a lighter drizzle on my beans & carrots.
- [Optional:] Boil any remaining glaze in a saucepan until it thickens a bit and serve it with the finished chicken.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken is completely done. Serve warm, tossing veggies together.
Adapted from a recipe by Cooking Classy. Serves 4 (or 2 adults and 4 kids at my house).